Oh, goody. A new version of WordPress is out!
WordPress 4.0 is here, and it’s packed with new features:
- New media manager
- Embedded media now visual within the editor
- The editor now works more smoothly, expanding as necessary to fit your content and keeping the formatting tools visible at all times
- The plugin directory is a lot prettier and makes it easier to find the plugin you want
Here’s a video explaining it all.
I’ve blogged about WordPress, plugins and security over on the dxw blog.
I’m pleased to be working with my friends from DXW, writing for their blog on the topic of WordPress, with a particularly slant on using it in the public sector.
I’ll be covering stuff from the basics right the way up to more sophisticated uses, advising on plugins, security, hosting, some of WordPress’ lesser known features and more.
If you’ve any topics you would like to see covered, let me know!
Since work is now WorkSmart and I am retiring Kind of Digital as a professional thing, I thought it was time to sort out my blog.
After all, kindofdigital.com was once davepress.net and before that many incarnations over the years – going back to September 2004. Nearly ten years!
Anyway, the result of this is that business blogging will take place over at WorkSmart and this blog will transition to being about me me me. Well, it will probably end up still covering government and digital like it always did – because basically that’s all I think about these days.
I’ve also rehosted the whole blog at wordpress.com – mostly just to reduce the numbers of things I have to think about. I’ll be playing around with themes and layouts for a bit I think, til I find something I’m remotely happy with.
Enough navel-gazing… carry on!
Five for Friday is WorkSmart’s weekly roundup of interesting stuff from the week’s reading.
- About change, defaults and disruption – “large organisations are racing against start-ups to stay relevant”. Great stuff from Anne McCrossan
- Creating a minimum viable product using WordPress – Chris Lema on using WordPress to throw together prototype services
- 5 More Unexpected Ways to Work Smarter, Not Harder – useful ideas. Thanks to Dan Slee for the link.
- Is it time to quit your job and launch that new start up? – nice video from Bethnal Green Ventures via the Nominet Trust
- Forrester argues piecemeal digital transformation won’t work – interesting research. Lovely quote: “Dabbling with digital isn’t the route to success”.
Did you know that WorkSmart has a Pinterest board
where loads of cool stuff is shared?