One of the great things about Twitter is the community that comes with it. Not just the community in terms of the people you follow, and who follow you, but also the network of people working to make Twitter more useful, or just more interesting.
Much of this is because of the API Twitter has released, making it dead easy for hackers to build stuff around the service. There is also a community run wiki gathering resources together, as well as a Google Group mailing list.
So what are some of the projects that are built around Twitter? Try these for size:
- TwitDir – a Twitter directory
- Twittervision – see tweets on a map as they are posted
- Twitterverse – monitoring the Twitter zeitgeist
- Twitterholic – find out who the top tweeter is right now!
- Twittermap – publish your location on a Google Map via Twitter
- Twittergram – post short audio files via Twitter
Have you got any favourites?