Stuff I have bookmarked for May 17th through June 1st:
- They Want To Work For You Wiki – "Anyone can edit this directory of candidates standing for the Parliament of Great Britain and Northern Ireland."
- mySociety » Blog Archive » What the government doesn’t understand about the Internet, and what to do about it – "What is different is the way in which the Internet changes social and economic practices – the vector of attack. In the 20th century, advancement of human welfare went hand in hand with the rise of companies that used economies of scale to deliver better goods and services for customers. Technology effectively made it possible and much easier to be a big, highly productive company, to gather expertise and capital together and to target markets for maximum yields."
- YouTube looking at standalone ‘SafeTube’ site for families | Media | guardian.co.uk – "YouTube is exploring the introduction of a family-friendly 'SafeTube' version of the site as part of its programme of improving safety and content standards"
- answers to questions from Twitter on teen practices – Some useful q&as on what young people do online
- What makes a good LPA web site? « Portal Director – "I’d be very interested to hear your views on what a good local authority planning web site contains and some examples of best practise. I’m happy for those of you at LPAs to blow your own trumpet and I’ll moderate out any intemperate responses."