Our first successful digital engagement course is up and running and going great guns. In fact, I’ve already had a few people asking when the next one is going to be.
So, am happy to provide an answer! We’ll be running it again starting on 4th September 2013 and it will again run for 8 weeks, and so will come to a close in early November. You can find out more and book a place here.
Here’s a reminder of the course content:
The course consists of eight lessons, which last for a week each. Total learner time per lesson is around an hour, which they can do in one chunk or spread throughout the week – it is entirely up to them.
Support is provided both to the group as a whole, with discussion and sharing of experience and knowledge encouraged; and privately through email or telephone discussion between the course facilitator and learners.
Each lesson will include some or all of the following elements:
- An introductory video introducing the topic and explaining some details
- Downloadable templates, resources, guides and case studies
- Links to further reading and case studies
- Interviews with practitioners
- Screencast demos of how to perform certain actions
- Learner discussion areas
- One to one private email or telephone support
- Additional content in response to queries and requests
- Assignments to practice learning
The eight lessons in this course are:
- Introductions, objectives, how the course and the platform works
- What is digital engagement and what defines success?
- Strategies for successful digital engagement
- Different approaches – organisational, team based, individual
- Different focuses – external, internal, partnership based
- Different objectives – informing, consulting, collaborating
- Popular platforms and how they are best used
- Emerging platforms – how might they be employed to best effect?
- Other tools and techniques
- Web chats
- Commentable documents
- Skills and roles
- Community management
- Social reporting
- Bringing it all together – a chance for reflective practice