Awesomeness off of the internet for October 14th to October 18th:
- Confusing menus and links: the web’s biggest challenge – "To make menus and links simpler you have to think like a customer. You also have to reduce the number of links and focus on the task at hand."
- Microsoft opens Windows 7 with a Tupperware touch – "Microsoft, a hitherto-successful computer company based in Redmond, near Seattle, has been labouring for two years to recover from a disaster called Vista, which was Version 6 of its celebrated Windows operating system."
- Substance Views | Cultural change and technical tools for outcome-based commissioning – "We’re developing an open platform to support organisations delivering social impacts to collect, visualise and reflect on evidence of their work and the outcomes it is achieving."
- Top 10 Most Common Coding Mistakes in WordPress Plugins « planetOzh – Is what it says, really.
- At last I have online access to my medical records – "Then much of what was in my records was garbled and mis-spelt, presumably because the doctors are not very good at typing while they consult."