Awesomeness off of the internet for November 20th to November 24th:
- Open Government and Government 2.0 Online Conference – Fall 2009 – O’Reilly Media – "When citizens interact with their government, powerful things can happen. It means doing more with less people. It means breaking down too-familiar "cylinders of excellence." Web 2.0 is the industry which has shown that transparency, participation, collaboration add up to increased efficiency. Gov 2.0 harnesses this for the public good…"
- Why Amateurs Build Better Online Communities Than Businesses – FeverBee – "There are few successful online communities founded by businesses. Amateurs usually do it better." Interesting argument.
- We Know The Experts Are Out There. – Expert Labs – "Expert Labs is a new independent initiative to help policy makers in our government take advantage of the expertise of their fellow citizens."
- How Web 2.0 is changing the way we work Andrew McAfee – "Web 2.0 technologies are changing the way companies do business. But can these tools help them achieve their goals?"
- TalkPress – "TalkPress provides hosting of online forums and message boards for organizing and conducting online meetings, gatherings, and interactive discussions."
- Government gets into games business – "The Department for Transport launched an online multiplayer fantasy roleplaying game last week, with the apparent aim of teaching kids to look left and right before crossing the road." By @simond
- OpenSpaceDevon – redefining public services in Devon – Carl Haggerty has set up a Ning site to plan an open space event in Devon to bring the public, third and private sectors together to get stuff done.
One thought on “Bookmarks for November 20th through November 24th”