As part of the Public Sector Web Network, I’m delighted to announce we will be running an introduction to digital engagement workshop in Wales on 6th September 2011.
Facilitated by yours truly, attendees will come away with a full grasp of the background and potential of this work as well as a practical toolkit to get underway.
The agenda, a blended mixture of engaging talks, group discussion and practical exercises, will include the following sessions:
- How local authorities can use the web and social networks to engage citizens and communities
- Case studies of good practice use of emerging technology to engage by those involved in local government
- How to develop a digital engagement strategy for your work
- Choosing the right tools and approach to meet your objectives
- Getting around organisational barriers to implementing your plan
As well as the training on the day, attendees will benefit from post-event support and learning. This includes exclusive access to a follow-up web conference and an online support forum.
10.00am: Introductions and housekeeping
10.15am What is digital engagement, and why is it important?
- The background to digital engagement
- The opportunities it offers for local government
10.45am: Introducing the digital engagement toolkit
- What are the key tools?
- How have they been used across the public sector
11:15am: The importance of a strategic approach
- Why having a strategic approach to social media activity matters
- The best way to balance strategy and experimentation
11.30am: Coffee break
11.45pm: Strategy development workshop – writing your own digital engagement strategy
- Risk management
1.00pm: Lunch break
1.45pm: Overcoming barriers
- What are the blockers in many organisations for getting social media activity going?
- How to manage them
2.15pm: Planning a social media campaign exercise
- Group exercise to design effective social media projects, using the right tools and involving the right people
3.45pm: Coffee break
3.55pm: Social media question time
- An opportunity to ask questions of the group and facilitator to work out issues in more depth
4.25pm: Close and next steps
- Further online support: webinars and forum
4.30pm: Workshop ends
If you book your place before 19th August, you receive the benefit of an early bird discount, so donʼt delay!
Early bird price – £200 + VAT
Standard price – £250 + VAT
Please contact Nick Hill at email@example.com to reserve an early bird delegate place