A while ago I shared a post with a template showing how you can take a capability-based approach to picking technology by focusing on user needs.
There has been a fair bit of interest in it since it was published, so I thought it might be useful to run a short online workshop running through how it works with a smallish group of people. As I have at this stage no real idea what I am doing, it will be free for public sector people.
The workshop will run on Zoom on Wednesday, September 15 at 11am. I anticipate it will last around 45 minutes, but keep an hour free just in case.
At the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of approaching technology decision making through capabilities
- Understand the core ideas around user needs and how they should impact technology choices
- Confidently run your own workshops following the process in your own work
- Come up with loads of ways to improve the whole thing!
The running order is as follows:
- Quick intro to the session and what we will cover
- Everyone says hi (and I’ll probably ask a silly question about your favourite something or other)
- I’ll run through the idea behind the process and template and what it is meant to achieve
- We will work through the example of the intranet as used in the blog post
- We will then work through an example or two that people on the session suggest – hopefully real scenarios they are currently dealing with
Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? So what are you waiting for?
Don’t worry if you can’t make it, I will be sharing a recording here on SensibleTech!