Sorry for the lack of posting in recent times, folks. Here’s a biggie I missed out on reporting: the release of WordPress 2.1.
I’ve installed it over on my personal blog, and I have to say it’s a great release that has sorted out a number of the issues people have had with previous releases. Some of the new stuff includes:
- Improved rich text editor with tabbed window for code editing
- Spell checking
- Autosaving of posts
- Ability to have a static home page without needing a plugin
- Improved attachment uploading
- Export and import of other WordPress blogs
- Nicer log in screen
- Slightly confusing link management that ties into post categories
WordPress is easily the best open source blog platform out there now, and probably the best full stop. A giant slap on the back for the developing community.
[tags]blogging, wordpress, wordpress 2.1[/tags]