Stuff I have bookmarked for January 7th through January 10th:
- iGov – The Atlantic (January/February 2009) – How geeks are opening up government on the Web
- 21st Century Learning: The Art of Building Virtual Communities – "The burning question for many of us trying to establish educational CoPs is how to design a VLC that is compelling enough that it will compete successfully for the attention of busy educators? Because communities of practice are voluntary, to be successful over time they need the ability to generate enough excitement, relevance, and value to attract and engage members. This is easier said than done."
- Instant mash: empowering communities through the web – "From virtual worlds, to CoPs and 'mash-ups' – Kent County Council is using all of these to promote knowledge management."
- 10 Best Intranets of 2009 (Jakob Nielsen’s Alertbox) – "Intranets are getting more strategic, with increased collaboration support. Team size is growing by 12% per year, and platforms are becoming integrated, with a strong showing for SharePoint. Improving usability increased use by 106% on average. "
- Anecdote: Trends that will affect enterprise collaboration – "Here are six major trends that will encourage leaders to take action and help their organisations to be even more collaborative."