Over the next three days, a rather special event is taking place online – a virtual conference for council officers and members to learn about the benefits of using social media to engage with communities.
It’s happening on the IDeA Community of Practice platform, which does mean there are a couple of hoops to jump through before you can start posting. But it will be worth it!
Some of those contributing to the debates and discussions are:
- Councillor Richard Kemp, of Liverpool City Council, Deputy Char of the LGA Executive and Leader of the LGA Liberal Democrat Group
- Councillor James Cousins, of the London Borough of Wandsworth and co-founder of the Cllr Tweeps site
- Dominic Campbell of FutureGov Consultancy
- Shane McCracken of Gallomanor and CivicSurf (blogging mentor project for councillors)
- Stuart Bruce, Wolfstar PR, former councillor
- Hugh Flouch of Haringay Online (hyper-local networking site)
- Simon Wakeman, Head of Marketing at Medway Council
I am helping out by facilitating some of the discussions and adding useful tidbits to the various conversations that will be going on. Hope to see lots of people joining in!