Awesomeness off of the internet for December 31st to January 1st:
- Life in Transit: Happy New Year everyone – confused of calcutta – "Platforms are the way forward. Platforms can and will happen. Platforms are happening. We just have to make sure that the infrastructure for the platforms is done right."
- Vendors and Consultants Should Not Be Driving Government 2.0 – "Government 2.0 is about spending less rather than more, it is about leveraging existing resources (employees, public data, consumer tools) rather than increasing them, it is about starting small and scaling fast, it is about focusing on specific problem areas rather than developing horizontal strategies, it is about listening rather than talking."
- Share. Collaborate. Innovate. Building an Organisational Approach to Web 2.0 – "If Web 2.0 is a grass roots, organic and personality-focused shift in technology and approaches – as it is so often touted – is it not it counter-intuitive to think about an ‘organisational approach’ or to consider trying to write a strategy for development in this area?"
- #Gov20 Resources for 2010 – Adriel Hampton's list of good Gov 2.0 stuff. He mentions me (admittedly towards the barrel-scraping end of the post), which is nice!
- Web 2.0 Suicide Machine – Meet your Real Neighbours again! – Sign out forever! – "This machine lets you delete all your energy sucking social-networking profiles, kill your fake virtual friends, and completely do away with your Web2.0 alterego."
You can find all my bookmarks on Delicious.