John Hayes from IDeA takes to the platform.
- IDeA is 11 years old, just like Google
- 353 authorities, providing 700 services each (in a Unitary authority), 2.1 million people working in local government
- All these people, services and authorities have things in common – hence the communities of practice
- Sustainable self-improvement, efficiency and vfm, connecting people to people
- The CoPs – 60k members, 75k monthly visits, 22k monthly contributions, 1.3k communities
- New experiences of networking in personal lives – ie consumer social media and social networking – need to replicate within work context
- Supporting new ways of working through Local by Social book and the councillors guide to digital engagement
- Recognising the change in behavior and relationships between people, practitioners and communities
- The cuts! The cuts!
- Knowledge hub – new CoPs, more open, more integrated. Mashups and benchmarking also feature and use of linked data
- Less of looking to the centre for ideas, more sharing good practice amongst practitioners
- Built with the sector, for the sector
2 thoughts on “Local by Social: Networked Innovation”