Patient Opinion is a great site for people to leave feedback about their experiences with health services.
- Really micro level issues can be discussed and action taken
- Based on the telling of stories by service users
- Great example of dodgy toilet seats!
- Ratings for responses from institutions
- Patient Opinion makes it possible to access thoughtful, passionate people who aren’t motivated to complain
- Higher threshold for willingness to share with public services – eg easier to share a cat video than a story about your weird disease
- Lessons: transparency and conversations drive change, adaptable to council work, scalable, cost effective, business model and values
- Government cannot do this kind of work well – and nor the purely private sector. This work belongs in social enterprises
One thought on “Local by Social: Patient Opinion”