I find this stuff so you don’t have to:
- The learning organization: an often-described, but seldom-observed phenomenon | Harold Jarche – "What should a true learning organisation look like?"
- Connecting and engaging inside your organisation – "Social networks are inherently bottom up and user powered. In IBM, BlueIQ worked because it had buy-in from the very top. You need both otherwise time is wasted overcoming resistance."
- Local 2.0: How digital technology empowers local communities | The Young Foundation – Useful report covering how digital innovation can impact on communities.
- The order I check things | Stephen Hale – I love reading how people do this stuff!
- Cutting down on cookies: practical tips | Puffbox.com – Useful tips from SImon Dickson.